May 8, 2009

Two Moms

Back at the beginning of the year, Auntie Beth and I were talking and she misspoke and said something about her being my mom. I laughed and corrected her but she actually was right. I continued by saying that both Jen and I had two mothers; one biological and one who loved us and we both laughed. Jen and I were both very lucky. We both really did have great mothers. Yet we were both very lucky that we also had an aunt who cared for us. My mother and I would not have survived those dreadful teenage years if I didn’t have Aunt Beth and Uncle Rod to escape to. Aunt Beth was incredibly good about sharing her daughter with my Mom when Mom needed her most. Jen and I are both very lucky to have two incredible women that love us so much.

I wrote the paragraph above back in the beginning of the year and have saved it to post especially for Mother’s Day. Since then I have come to appreciate more and more how great these two women actually are. Over the past ten days I have watched the two of them dealing with Gam’s injury and subsequent hospital stay and nursing home visit. Without fail they both have been there every day, making sure that she is taken care of and keeping her company. They had a great example in their mother and are both setting wonderful examples for their daughters. I hope that I can act as well as they have if ever I am put in the same situation.

Lots of Love and MUH to you both!

Quote for the day: Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey
--

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Cherie, I certainly wasn't expecting this! I'm touched beyond words.

    What you didn't mention is that I doubt Jen and I would have survived HER teenage years if she hadn't had you and Frank to escape to. Muh!

    ReplyDelete