February 4, 2009

A Car of a Different Color

My first car that was all mine was a Chevy Chevette. It was one of the very popular, at the time, two-toned ones. It was burgundy and tan. That car was amazing. AM radio, no AC and vinyl seats. The steering wheel was black so when it was hot out I sometimes worried my hands would blister. That little car was great in the snow, got great mileage and never really let me down. Three cars later I'm now driving a Jeep Cherokee Laredo. This car is also currently two-toned; burgundy on top and white on the bottom. They've invented a vaccine for polio and almost eradicated smallpox from the face of the earth, why oh why can't they invent a road salt that doesn't turn my car white?

Quote for the day: Take it with a grin of salt ~ Yogi Berra

1 comment:

  1. I had already posted my blog for today (Thursday) before I saw this - what a cool coincidence! Incidentally, I don't remember that Chevette of yours. I just remember the red one of your mom's.

    ReplyDelete