January 29, 2009

Cooking Dinner

I cooked dinner tonight. We had chicken croquettes, mashed potatoes with gravy, and french cut green beans. I say cooked but I really think it was more like "reheated". The chicken was from the *fabulous* meat store by Mom's house and had to be heated in the oven for 20 minutes. The mashed potatoes were real but from a pouch that you dump into some water and microwave for 3 and a half minutes. The green beans were, of course, canned and were heated in the microwave. The "gravy" was actually cream of chicken soup. I actually mixed it with water and put it in a pan on the stove to heat; even used a whisk to mix it properly! Frank had tea and, you guessed it, the water was heated in the microwave. I opened a can of Diet Coke for myself.

We did eat it all on real dishware with real flatware!

Quote for the day: "I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye." - Hannibal Lecter

4 comments: