January 27, 2009

Long Distance

Remember when the big bad phone company divested and all of sudden all these new companies were begging for your long-distance business? That was when we first heard of MCI and a bunch of others that are now gone. I knew someone who changed his carrier regularly because one of the companies would offer him $25 or $50 to change. I think he went back and forth several times. I don't even have a long-distance carrier now. Unless you count Sprint/Nextel which I have on my cell phone. Now most people I know have one of those 5 cents-a-minute plans on their home phones with free nights and weekends on their cell phones. I don't even really think about it when I make a long-distance call; then again, I rarely make them outside of work. I'm still waiting for a call back from the last long-distance call I made. *HINT, HINT*

So reach out and touch someone, it probably won't cost as much as it did ten years ago.

Quote for the day: "Reach Out and Touch Someone" (and stop humming that old commercial Auntie Beth) - advertising slogan used by AT&T (1979)

1 comment: