January 26, 2009

TV Land

I am most definitely not looking forward to the TV changeover to digital. My husband is still shopping around for a TV that will be compatible with the new format. He's not really cheap, he's just very careful. He is waiting for the exact TV that he wants to be available for about 1/2 the regular price. He had the TV he wanted all picked out. Then he heard that Circuit City would be going bankrupt and figured that he could get a good deal there. He has since found out that CC isn't offering any deals, they merely jacked up their prices and then reduced everything by 10%; still higher than what it was before the bankruptcy.

So, getting back to TV Land. I can live without the big three networks, QVC, Bravo and maybe even the Food Network. I don't think I can live without my daily dose of The Andy Griffith Show, The Cosby Show and the upcoming new season of High School Reunion.

Quote for the day: "Television is simply automated day-dreaming." Lee Lovinger

1 comment:

  1. Wow, when I see those ads about the changeover, it never occurred to me that I actually *know* someone who needs to make a change!

    And I LOVE today's quote!

    ReplyDelete