January 28, 2009

Snow Day

I never thought of myself as spoiled until this morning. Frank got called out at 1:30 a.m. to plow and salt the roads. I had to get up early, get dressed and go outside in the snow, rain and slush to clean off my car. There was about a quarter-inch of ice covering about an inch of snow. I'm fanatical about clearing the roof of my car so it took me over half an hour. I then run inside, hang up my wet clothes and very quickly shower and get re-dressed. All the while paranoid that the car would cool down and re-freeze. The last time it snowed I walked out the back door, kissed Frank goodbye and was off in my nice clean and warm vehicle.

I'm beginning to rethink this whole "working for the township" thing he's doing :)

Quote for the day: (actually my favorite poem of all-time, I memorized this in 4th grade in Mrs. McCormick's class and can still recite it perfectly).

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
--
Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
--
-- Robert Frost

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you were spoiled, but I don't blame you. They make remote car-starters; someone should invent a remote car-cleaner-offer!

    I love that poem also, though I only know the first and last verses by heart. And the last line is my favorite way to say goodbye when I leave someone's house at night.

    ReplyDelete